£49,137 per annum
40 hours per week
Accommodation + utility bills + pension + other benefits
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Hartpury estate boasts its own 1,000 acre commercial Home Farm split across several sites. The mixed farm includes a dairy herd, sheep flock and arable enterprises. In recent years Home Farm has received significant agri-tech investment as part of an exciting 10-year vision for the University and College to create a Digital Innovation Farm.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the next phase of development of the Hartpury Farm balancing the successful management of a commercial farm with that of training the next generation of agriculturalists. The ideal candidate will lead the management of the farm and support applied teaching and research. We are seeking an individual who has an interest in working with and demonstrating best practice to students.
About the Role
· Responsible for the effective planning, organising and management of Hartpury’s commercial farm.
· Develop and implement effective systems of staff, animal husbandry and land management to meet target financial performance.
· Facilitate and support the research and teaching activities at the farm, along with knowledge transfer activities that may be based around the farm and associated research.
· Manage Farm Health and Safety rules and procedures.
· Relevant experience working as a Farm Manager
· Experience preparing and managing budgets
· Be able to work under pressure and support a small team
· Interest in agricultural education
What we Offer
· House, Council Tax and Utilities paid plus vehicle
· Local Government Pension Scheme
· 30 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Employee Discounts Scheme
· Onsite fitness facilities
· Support for continuous professional development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th November 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button