Agricultural Trader Specialist – Opportunities available at Tetbury (Gloucestershire), Llangadog (Carmarthenshire) & Haverfordwest (Pembrokeshire)
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of agricultural activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s offering in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people, working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites to supply quality and value products to farmer customers, working with key suppliers in the industry.
As we grow organically and through acquisition, our Depots in Tetbury, Llangadog and Haverfordwest require an enthusiastic and hardworking Agricultural Trader to assist them in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities as Agricultural Trader will include:
- Increasing and maximising sales of agricultural products through various selling initiatives
- Generating and building leads to maximise opportunities, capitalising and promoting available products by means of telephone sales activities and seasonal sales campaigns
- Being a key point of contact for the area for support and advice on retail agricultural products
- Organising and supporting promotional activities and campaigns and promote link selling and monitor success
- Liaise and work with customers from a wide range of agricultural sectors including a large proportion of dairy and sheep
- Utilise the marketing and CRM function, to increase sales activities at customer level, and to assist with the ongoing data collection
- Providing quality service to customers along with advice, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner and in line with customer care polices
- Enhance growth by liaising with other sites, including local markets, and key people including Depot Managers, Product Specialists, Marketing Team, Purchasing Team, Development Managers and Regional Business Managers
- Continuously developing your knowledge on agricultural products by attending relevant training programmes; online, events, in store or as required
- The Responsibility for replenishment of agricultural stock within the store, including the ability to carry out store duties to support the delivery of service to customers
- Providing cover at other local Depots where required
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate sound knowledge and have a strong passion for the Agricultural industry
- Be commercially aware, ambitious and committed to seeking out opportunities to grow the trading area within Raglan
- Preferably hold a RAMA qualification, although we can provide training for the right candidate
- Be an efficient accurate worker, with a positive hands-on attitude, thriving from carrying out a wide range of tasks and challenges
- Be able to cope with a physically demanding role involving a substantial amount of manual handling
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Be hard-working, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com or send a paper copy to Wynnstay Group Plc, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ. For a private and confidential discussion regarding these vacancies please contact Manon Thomas on 07384 116591.