Agronomist – Midlands/Welsh Borders
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s work in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites including 13 manufacturing, processing and blending facilities across the Group.
We are firmly committed to continued development and innovation in products and services, to better support the advancement of the agricultural sector. The Arable division, as part of Wynnstay (Agricultural Supplies) Ltd, wishes to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking full time Agronomist to assist the business in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities as an Agronomist with Wynnstay will include:
- Offering practical and strategic advice on all aspects of crop production
- Providing advice on crop protection, plant nutrition, fertiliser planning and variety selection to improve farm profitability
- The management of long-term customer relationships
- Identifying and fulfilling new commercial opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully conversant with the agronomy of arable and forage crops
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the industry
- Function effectively as part of a dedicated team
- Be driven, self-motivated, organised, ambitious and determined to succeed
- BASIS and FACTS qualified
- Be required to live within the designated area
We welcome applicants of interest from all specialist agronomists, who have an affinity with our farmer customers. For the right candidate, we will prepare a bespoke training and development programme to support ambitious careers paths in agri sales within our company.
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a paper copy to Wynnstay Group Plc, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ. For a private and confidential discussion please contact Dr Simon Pope on 07990 578545.