Dairy Technical Specialist – South & West Wales
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s work in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites including 13 manufacturing, processing and blending facilities across the Group.
Our Dairy Technical team are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Dairy Specialist to join a growing business and a dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the field sales team on farm technically for the business to achieve sales growth
- Advising current and new customers on all aspects of nutrition
- Seeking, identifying, and fulfilling new sales opportunities in line with our strategic plan
- Working closely with industry partners and seek learning opportunities to further own knowledge
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be commercially up to date within the dairy sector
- Be experienced in ruminant rationing software, and able to formulate diets for growing dairy heifers, pre-calving cows and lactating cows in different systems from grass based to intensive housed
- Be able to build good relationships with farmers, troubleshoot nutritional issues if they arise and maximise performance
- Have previous experience in direct sales or influencing the sales process
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com or send a paper copy to Wynnstay Group Plc, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ. For a confidential discussion regarding the vacancy, please contact David Howard, on 07736 343629.