Charity People are delighted to be working with The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution – RABI to recruit 3 new Case Workers to join their dynamic team. For over 160 years, RABI has worked at the heart of the farming community, providing guidance, financial support and practical care to farming people of all ages across England and Wales. Farming people face an enormous range of challenges, including unprecedented generational changes to farming policy. RABI has a crucial role to play now and into this uncertain future to support the well-being of this vital community.
RABI – Case Worker
Full Time (35 hours)
1 x East of England, 1 x the South East of England and 1 x the North East of England
The case workers are central to their vision that ‘No member of the farming community should face adversity alone’. Working with a regionally based team, the case worker will play a critical role supporting the farming community by providing tailored support to deliver positive outcomes for farming people.
Other duties will include:
· Speak to service users to understand the issues they are facing and establish how RABI can help.
· Complete application forms, check benefits and other proof of income/ capital/ savings and investments
· Ensure all state benefits are applied for, giving assistance where needed including mandatory reconsiderations, appeals and complaints
· Work alongside the service user to consider what support would be most appropriate for them beyond the services that RABI deliver
· Liaise with other agencies (e.g. DWP, Social Services, NHS, other charities, and voluntary organisations) where a need is identified.
· Contribute to organisation-wide and service development projects as required
· Actively promote the services offered by RABI through local networks and partner agencies
We are looking for someone who has experience of providing services to vulnerable users, ensuring compassion and empathy. Ideally, you will have good knowledge of state benefits and local authority care services; have the ability to build rapport and trust through excellent communication and listening skills. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of safeguarding principles, data protection and compliance. Strong IT, administration skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential. Knowledge of the farming community environment and relevant qualification in social care is desirable.
Although this role is remote, occasionally, there will be some travelling involved. If you would like to apply, please send your CV in word format to Zelda Leader at Charity People. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button