Machinery & Equipment Department Manager
Kivells is a leading Auctioneer with multiple locations throughout the South West, an enviable established database of loyal clients. We are now looking to further expand sales with a particular focus on improving our online presence. Key to this important initiative is the recruitment of a highly knowledgeable Machinery and Equipment Department Manager with strong leadership & internet skills with the ability to drive sales.
Main duties will include:
- Management of the daily running of the Department (Including line management responsibilities)
- Sole responsibility for the online timed sale, to include sourcing lots, cataloguing, marketing and manging sale process with assistance from admin and marketing colleagues as necessary
- Assist with H&S matters relating to sales including preparing risk assessments prior to sales
- Valuation of machinery equipment for sales
- Manage cataloguing, imaging and uploading machinery and equipment for sale
- Conduct Market and industry research to benchmark against competitors
- Prepare weekly reports detailing appointments & business won/lost
- Securing instructions for all machinery equipment sales
- Build good relationships internally
- Promote the Kivells brand and be a strong ambassador for the business
- Travel across the region to different locations
To succeed in this role you will be a team player, candidates should have a sound knowledge of machinery and equipment and market values and must be a successful deal finder and closer with a strong understanding of contracts.
Essential skills and attributes include:
- Management Experience
- Experienced internet user with excellent IT and social media skills
- Good attention to detail, understands the importance of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills, face to face, telephone and email etc
- Target driven with the ability to upsell to achieve and exceed targets
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative in a team environment
- Take accountability for own actions and decisions
- Numerate and articulate
- Analytical and methodical
- Health & Safety conscious
- Customer first philosophy
- Full Driving licence
This is an exciting newly created opportunity for a confident go getter capable of growing the existing business based in the South West UK.
Location: Flexible to suit candidate, but likely main centres are Exeter Livestock Centre or Holsworthy Livestock Market
Working Hours: The position is a permanent full-time position, including weekend working as required and involves travel to farms throughout the South West and attendance at sales events. Exact hours of work will depend on chosen working location.
Salary: An attractive salary package is offered dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button now.