Are you looking to change your lifestyle and work in an industry that you love? Or have recent events left you looking for a role with a growing company?
Are you a professional with experience in the horticulture, growing or garden centre sector?
Would you like to have the security of working with a successful, friendly team remotely or from a brand new, purpose-built office & warehouse with great benefits?
We offer a great opportunity for genuine career development and are currently seeking confident Managers with excellent customer and management skills, who are commercially astute, numerically sound and take pride in attention to detail.
Widely viewed as the fastest growing and most innovative independent company in our industry, we have an appetite and reputation for finding the right people and pushing them for success. Sustainable growth even through the last year has seen us recruit further staff & recently expand our office and warehouse facilities.
We strive to provide an exceptional service to our customers across many exciting large and niche sectors including Horticulture.
This is an innovative and diverse role where you will be responsible for overseeing and developing customers, whilst offering the most up-to-date advice in order to help our existing high-profile customer base.
We will train and teach you everything you need to know until you master it. This is a full-time job, and you should expect to spend some hours on the road. When you are not visiting some of the most prestigious & high-profile locations in the country or representing us at events, you will be working from home or in the office where you will follow up on your activities and plan your next visits.
You will be highly organised and be able to keep cool under pressure. You will have excellent IT skills and be familiar with Outlook, CRM systems, customer databases, Office, and various web-based programs.
Relevant industry qualifications would be advantageous, although continuous training will be offered in line with our continual improvement plan. Drive and self-motivation are essential.
We offer a highly attractive salary along with a bonus scheme and a generous 23 days’ holiday per year plus public holidays. There will, of course, be further progression available.
As part of our commitment to our team, you will also be entitled to Private Healthcare, Gym Membership, exceptional Pension Plan, flexible working & recreational teambuilding days. The company regularly partakes in social activities and offers company incentive schemes, highlighting our team culture in line with our “Always Great” company values.
We are looking for people who have preferably one year of previous B2B experience. Even better if you have experience from the horticulture or growing industry, and a network of contacts. However, succeeding in this position requires you to have a lot of spirit and drive. You don’t give up easily and you are ready to make an impact and go the extra mile.
Do not worry about the products or technical aspects of the role; to succeed in this position all you will need is a lot of spirit and drive. You don’t give up easily and you are ready to make an impact and go the extra mile.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your role will include, but not limited to the following tasks;
- To develop & manage a current & new customer base of commercial growers & other relevant companies.
- Utilise your ability and knowledge to consult users and introduce them to the products and technology that we have available. You will help build relationships and partnerships to deliver commercial results.
- To oversee and develop working predominantly from our Head Office in Lincoln or remotely.
- Assisting in the development of our product range.
- Lead generation.
- Assisting & creating of PR & marketing opportunities including open days, trials sites & tradeshows.
- Visit customers and their businesses across the UK and abroad.
- To prospect new leads & look at adding additional value to existing customers that may be handed to you.
- To respond to calls, emails & customers where you will advise them in a technical manner to assist with their requirements.
- To be involved with any marketing campaigns.
- To be involved with technical & commercial meetings with regards to products & market positioning.
- To attend various trade shows & events, some of which may require an overnight stay, both in this country and abroad.
This is a full-time position working remotely or from our head office Gem House, Unit 6, Riverside Enterprise Park, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2FU, although we would expect you to be on the road visiting customers when required.
In addition to the highly attractive package, we are offering a competitive salary, company car or car allowance, and you will be entered into our company bonus scheme.
This is a unique opportunity to propel change personally and within the industry.
To find out more about joining us on our exciting journey please send us your latest CV and let us know why this position motivates you, and how you will make a difference to our UK Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org