DLF is the largest global supplier of agricultural and amenity grass seed. Our R & D centre near Winchcombe in Gloucestershire plays an important role in developing and marketing our products to the UK grass seed trade. Activities include a ryegrass breeding programme, an amenity grass trialling programme and native wildflower seed production. Wildflowers is an expanding part of our business and if you have an interest in plants and nature, this is an opportunity to become part of the Research and Development team based at Didbrook.
You would be working on all aspects of wildflower production, including fieldwork, sowing and cleaning seed, harvesting, equipment maintenance and workload planning. The wide variety of species grown on our production site ensures year-round interest and will challenge your growing skills. Some overtime and weekend work may be necessary as harvesting opportunities are short and weather dependent.
The role requires:
- An enquiring and problem-solving mindset to look at how native plant species grow, and create new cultivation methods
- Good knowledge of arable/horticultural techniques and general agricultural practices
- Experience of farm machinery and equipment
- Understanding and ideally experience of GPS RTK steering
- Systematic and methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- IT literate with a knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Full driving licence
- PA1, 2 and 6 certificates would be an advantage, but training can be given to the right candidate
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection after a qualifying period
For more information, contact Klaas Broersma on 07778 993934 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply, please click the apply button now.
Closing date for applications: 11th February 2022
The selection process will be conducted in accordance with DLF’s Equal Opportunities Policy.