UK Beef & Sheep Livestock Procurement Manager
ABP UK is part of the ABP Food Group, Europe’s leading agri-food business. Over the last 60 years the Group has grown to become one of the world’s leading agri-food companies. It’s our commitment to quality and our determination to surpass expectation that’s earned us our market-leading position.
To ensure we are expertly positioned to deliver the best product and solutions to the wide range of customer needs, ABP is committed to growing our business by investing in people and today the UK division employs approximately 6,000 colleagues across 19 locations in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
About the Role:
- Implementation of the Company Procurement Policy and responsibility for a significant livestock procurement budget, liaising with over 10,000 British farmers, suppliers and livestock agents.
- Reporting directly to the UK Operations Director.
- The role will be based in Birmingham but the majority of the working week will be spent on ABP sites and producer farms as required.
The Ideal Candidate - Skills/Experiences
- A passion for livestock and agriculture with demonstrable on-farm work experience and knowledge.
- A strong proven background and knowledge of livestock procurement is essential. • Good communication/negotiation skills with high attention to detail.
- Good mathematical, numerical capability and competent IT skills.
- Must be confident, adaptable and flexible to working hours and locations.
- This role offers a competitive package, depending on experience.
If you are interested in applying please send your full CV and cover letter via the apply button now.