Farm and Estate manager
- Norseman Nutrition
- Norseman Farm, SK11 9LD
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Job Sector
- Arable & Agronomy, Farm Work, Property, Land & Estates Management
- Contract Type
Job title: Farm and Estate manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
We require a highly motivated, innovative farm and estate manger to join our team and drive the commercial success of our arable farm located near Alderley Edge, East Cheshire.
We have recently completed construction of two state of the art greenhouses and factory for all year-round crop production and have more construction projects planned in the estate.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a growing business with big plans.
Our estate consists of 7 residential properties, farm buildings, communal land and nearly 30 hectares of arable land. We currently grow hemp, honey berries and mint. Our finished goods are produced on site and sold on our website (www.norseman-nutri.co.uk).
Of the residential properties, 2 are occupied by tenants, 2 are owned by external parties and 3 are owned by company directors. There is also a communal driveway and area that all the properties pay a service charge for.
- Direct line management responsibility for one farm and estates worker.
- Oversee the end-to-end crop production including hemp, honey berries, mint and other crops.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of crops and potential yield.
- Drive the commercial success of the farm.
- Manage the estate, including:
- Organising repairs and maintenance.
- Managing tenanted properties and dealing with tenant issues within the estate
- Plan, commission and manage the work of contractors.
- Manage contractors employed for a specific purpose, i.e. tree surgeons, construction workers etc.
- Regular updates to senior management on things such as crop production, ongoing-projects and construction work.
- Keep up to date with legislation and regulations that affect the estate and crops.
- Keep up to date with potential grants and revenue generating ideas for the farm and estate.
- Marketing activities including social media and website posts plus producing and then executing other ideas to market our products.
What to expect:
You will need to be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision. We work in a fast-paced environment with plenty of deadlines to keep on-top so good organisation skills are paramount. In return, you will be rewarded with a market leading salary, free parking and full financial support towards relevant training and qualifications you wish to pursue.
You will be based at our farm located on Congleton Lane, Nr Alderley Edge Cheshire, SK11 9LD.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Good IT skills, including word, excel and other Microsoft products.
Similar searches: Permanent, Arable & Agronomy, Farm Work, Property, Land & Estates Management, Macclesfield