Agri Connect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media. Our job is to help farmers run their farms more efficiently and make better purchasing decisions. There are many ways in which we can do this – magazines, websites, webinars, podcasts, conferences, events, and marketplaces.
You will be a key member of an energetic, supportive, and enthusiastic team who are committed to building on our positive and dynamic culture.
The main function of the role is to develop business through growth in revenue, yield, and to increase customer numbers. You will be required to identify new opportunities and influence companies’ media buying habits within the agricultural sector. Due to the ever-changing nature of the industry, this person will have the ability to spot new avenues and exploit market trends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own, support and fully develop specific market sectors
- Conduct sales presentations by telephone, email or face to face to existing and prospective clients in order to develop existing business and generate new business wherever possible.
- Advise existing and new customers on the most effective solution to meet client needs within the Agri Connect portfolio.
- Continually seek and develop new sales & opportunities.
- Achieve all pre-set sales targets ensuring a successful contribution to the business performance.
- Keep abreast of all current trends, activities and relevant news within agriculture.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to continually explore new opportunities.
- Excellent communication written and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a natural inquisitive nature.
- Demonstrate an optimistic approach.
- Represent the business at relevant industry events and trade shows.
- An understanding of agriculture is preferred but not essential.
- Be target driven and efficient.
- Have a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Maintain the highest professional standards.
- Good working knowledge of CRM system and Microsoft packages.
We believe that creating a culture of diversity will help to maximise everybody’s potential and achieve superior business results. We aim to harness differences to create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are being fully utilised and in which organisational goals are met.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button