Location: Penrith, Cumbria
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team at Penrith. The job will involve you interacting with our account management, IT, vet team colleagues and farmers from across the whole of the UK.
To help meet a growing demand for Map of Ag’s products and services, we are looking to recruit a Administration Assistant.
Map of Ag are an innovative agricultural data connectivity & insights company, offering products and services to the agriculture and food industries. We have been involved with work at the heart of the food supply chain for over 14 years, supporting processors and retailers with real time insights and ongoing advice around sustainability, animal health & welfare and productivity within their supplying producer groups.
This position offers a very good opportunity for an individual to develop their career with a growing company.
Experience in the livestock agriculture sector would be an advantage.
The day-to-day activities for this role include:
- Communicating with relevant parties via phone and email, for example requesting information from farms, arranging vet visits, or responding to questions from farms’ practicing vets
- Processing farm visit reports carried out by veterinary colleagues, ensuring protocols are followed correctly and the report is high quality before being sent to farmers
- Completing data quality checking on the online farm database, following up with farmers where required to resolve issues
- Carrying out data entry inputting occasionally, to ensure all data is captured on the online farm database
- Liaising with internal veterinary, account management and IT colleagues to ensure any queries coming into the office are responded to in a timely manner
- Answering phone calls, mainly from farmers about their customer requirements relating to data submission or welfare standards
The following skills would be required for this role
- Experience within the livestock agriculture sector
- Good communication skills, able to liaise with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders, including farmers, vets, account managers and IT developers
- Dynamic individual who enjoys working as part of a team to complete tasks and deliver on projects for key clients
- Capable to work independently and confident in decision making
- Adaptable and agile, able to work across different projects at the same time
- Good attention to detail, ensuring a high-quality standard to all work delivered
- Proficient with basic Microsoft programs including Word and Excel
We offer a competitive salary, with 25 days paid annual leave in addition to public holidays and enrolment onto the company workplace pension scheme.
For further information on the role please call Helen Wilson on 01768 868472.
To apply please email your CV and a short covering letter via the apply button now.
Map of Agriculture Group Limited is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales. Company registration number 09866989 15-16 Deben Mill Business Centre, Old Maltings Approach, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1BL, UK. VAT number 254 6332 09