Do you possess senior vineyard management experience and seek a new challenge leading operations for a growing UK wine business? If you have a proven record of maximising high quality yields and the right mix of leadership, passion and industry experience, we'd be interested to speak with you.
Our client, an established and progressive UK wine producer, is seeking to appoint an experienced vineyard management professional to lead operations across multiple sites in the south east region. You will have extensive, senior vineyard management experience gained from producing a range of varietals, or possibly having grown fruit in related sectors. A background in organic production would be advantageous, but not essential.
You will be a proven team leader within the industry and will play a critical role in the growth of the business.
What you're 'day-to-day' will look like:
- Lead the Vineyard Operations team, provide clear management and ensure full accountability for job responsibilities
- Manage the Organic planning, setup and maintenance of our vineyards operations.
- Assist in the analysis of potential further farm acquisitions
- Manage the running and maintenance of all vineyard assets
- Support projects at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling
- Stay up to date with new techniques within viticulture and use technology and automisation
- Recruit new staff and manage the team growth in line with the growth of the vineyard operations
- Maintain the data of grape production, crop estimates, vine maintenance and all other relevant information
- Develop a future grape supply strategy in line with the UK business plan
- Work closely with our growers, winemakers, and consultants to achieve high quality grape supply
- Manage and organise the harvest in conjunction with the winemaking teams
- Ensure compliance to the highest quality and regulatory standards for each vineyard operation
- Establish vineyard procedures and train staff in the implementation of new procedures where necessary
- Support the development and management of the training and safety programs
What you will possess:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a related field
- Experience of senior vineyard management (ideally 10-15 years+)
- Proven leadership abilities gained with cross-functional teams
- Ideally experience of managing multi-site operations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of organic fruit production will be advantageous
What you can expect:
- Excellent remuneration package + bonus scheme
- Broad career development opportunities both within the UK and internationally
- Generous staff discount
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.