Farm Worker Role available – Based in the Barnsley S70 area – Full Time Permanent Position - £19,325 per annum
The Land Based Industries Department are looking for a highly motivated Farm Worker to join our established team at Wigfield Farm based in the Barnsley area. The farm team at Wigfield Farm is responsible for all animal husbandry tasks, ensuring the facilities support the delivery of education and offers high quality animal experiences for external customers. This work will be a mixture of weekday, weekends, and holiday working.
Full time 37 hours per week
£19,325 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement (up to 55 days per year including bank and public holidays)
- Contributory pension schemes (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Discounted gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Exclusive discounts for on high street and online stores
- Cycle to Work scheme
- On site subsidised Starbucks and restaurants
- Regular staff development days and CPD
- Free Microsoft Office software and training
Wigfield Farm is set in the Worsborough Country Park area of Barnsley, the farm has three main functions:
- A working farm producing livestock
- A base for Barnsley College Animal Management and Horticulture courses
- An Open Farm and Visitors Centre accessible to the local and wider community
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- To work with the Site Manager and Farm Supervisor in an active role to support, develop and manage the livestock.
- To carry out daily duties to maintain and promote all aspects of animal husbandry with a wide variety of species to a high level of animal welfare.
- To work alongside the Site Manager and Farm Supervisor to manage and develop breeding livestock programmes of a variety of livestock
- To work with the Site Manager and Farm Supervisor to manage and develop the agricultural land in accordance with current lease management terms, stewardship and conservation schemes
- Support teaching and student activities on the Farm through the provision of animals, equipment, resources and environments
- Interact with the public and students to promote activities on the Farm
- Basic maintenance and use of a range of agricultural and horticultural machinery
- Maintenance of records and dissemination of information
- Provide guided tours of the farm to visitors as necessary
- Transportation of animals
- Carry out security duties as and when required
- Ensure high standards of work in line with college and farm procedures
- Adhere to a high standard of working practice in line with Health and Safety policies of Barnsley College
This is a busy post, and the successful applicant will fulfil a role in delivering the high standards of customer service expected by the customers of Wigfield Farm.
For further information or to apply, click the apply button now.
The closing date for applications will be Sunday the 21 August 2022
The successful candidate will receive 47 days annual leave entitlement (including bank and public holidays), access to the Teachers Pensions Scheme, a commitment to support job related training and development and access to a range of other staff benefits.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.