Content Editor/Page Designer
We have a rare opportunity for a talented content editor/page designer to join our busy Creative Services team, reporting to the Head of Creative Services, in our Preston office. You will work on our portfolio of titles, including Farmers Guardian, Arable Farming and Dairy Farmer. You will be sub-editing copy, writing headlines and coming up with ideas for news and features layouts. You will have excellent English skills and will be able to spot inaccuracies in copy even when up against tight deadlines. Experience of using InDesign and Photoshop is essential.
- Sub-editing and proofing content for our portfolio of magazines and other products and platforms as required.
- Designing creative magazine pages efficiently while working closely with the rest of the Creative Services team.
- Takes responsibility for writing headlines, captions, etc, and, where required, cuts content to fit without changing its meaning.
- Ensures all content is legally correct, highlighting potential issues to the appropriate sector head and head of creative services.
- Ensures all content will drive maximum reader/user engagement through making it look attractive and easy to read/use.
- A meticulous eye for detail to check and edit content according to house style.
- A high degree of understanding about grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- A creative eye for designing innovative pages and refining content in InDesign and writing imaginative headlines and captions across news and features pages.
- Ability to manage your time effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with great communication skills.
- An understanding of agriculture is preferred but not essential.
We offer an excellent package including:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years (Pro rata’d)
- Hybrid working
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Free life assurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at Agriconnect you will receive continued career development support from our management team
Agriconnect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance, and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media. Our job is to help farmers run their farms more efficiently and make better purchasing decisions. There are many ways in which we can do this – magazines, websites, webinars, podcasts, conferences, events, and marketplaces.
Agriconnect is a business unit within the Arc network, a global events, data, and media platform. Arc is a fast-growing global events, data, and media platform with a varied portfolio content led portals, magazines, and events.
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 30th September 2022.