The Laboratory Technician will provide the knowledge and skills to assist with the ongoing testing and registration of samples as well as basic maintenance of instruments that are fundamental to the laboratories operation. Carrying out your duties you will be required to work a shift consisting of four days on, three days off (including one weekend day). From time to time training and cover may be required during the laboratories operational times on the night shift.
Essential Key Skills:
- To have the ability to understand, follow and convey technical instructions.
- To have excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- To have good analytical skills
- To have good organisational and time management skills
- Be good at working in a team environment
- The ability to maintain technical equipment
- Computer Literate and be a competent user of Microsoft Office Products
- To register and analyse samples submitted to the laboratory following published Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Standards.
- To ensure that any instrumentation that is used during analyses is operated to established KPI's
- To monitor and apply any amendments made to standard working practices.
- To be responsible for completing laboratory records accurately
- To assist in the maintenance of the supply of consumables and reagents utilised in the laboratory
- To report any sample registration or sample analyses that do not conform to standard procedures.
- To ensure the quality of customer communications, both verbal and written are of the highest standard.
- To understand and follow all health and safety procedures involved with both the site and individual workstations.