Agricultural Development and Partnership Manager
Agricultural Development and Partnership Manager.
Leading current/future charitable output of the East of England Agricultural Society through initiatives in the Agricultural and Rural sectors and through working with educational establishments. We are undergoing substantial change as the East of England Showground is sold, committing to a new business plan, focused on using the proceeds to create a long-term fund for our charitable work. Join an organisation with a legacy stretching back to 1797, which now has a once in a generation opportunity to re-position itself creating lasting impacts.
A key post in our future vision, working with senior management and Trustees, to deliver our vision, focusing on developing collaborative relationships to deliver our aims and objectives. Working within the new business plan framework and future strategy as we move from a traditional showground based agricultural society, to new headquarters better suited to our future vision and a focus on impact through partnership working. The role will focus on raising our profile regionally, building partnerships to deliver impactful education programmes for children, students and those in the agricultural/rural communities, alongside a members events programme.
Key skills and attributes we are looking for include:
- To represent the Society regionally, engaging our current/prospective members/external partners
- Sound agricultural knowledge/understanding with a strong network of contacts or the tenacity to forge these.
- Creative and analytical, visionary, responsible for delivery, including developing a team.
- Experience of budgetary control, setting and meeting KPI’s.
- Experience in managing people, including volunteers and committees, within our non-profit organisation structure. A proactive and flexible approach to work will be critical.
We are happy to consider those looking for a new role, who can bring existing contacts and networks, or applicants looking for their next career move. Full time office based, though we will be relocating within the heart of our region. We offer a pleasant working environment with like-minded individuals, a salary package of £45K plus usual benefits.
Deadline for applications is 31st October 2022. How to apply:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or post your application to the COO, East of England Agricultural Society, FitzRoy House, East of England Showground, Peterborough PE2 6XE, please include:
- Full curriculum vitae, three referees and a covering note of c750 words, setting out relevant experience and interest.