Project GIS Analyst
FGP is one of UK’s foremost advisors for utility and infrastructure developers, helping to secure projects and enabling construction with bespoke, positive result oriented and efficient service. Our GIS team is expanding with an exciting opportunity for a resourceful and innovative Project GIS Analyst to join us as we continue to provide best in class mapping services to our clients.
At FGP, as an employee you can expect
- A competitive salary with bonus scheme (commensurate to individual and business success), highly competitive pension scheme and healthcare,
- A working culture that encourages equality, inclusion and diversity,
- Subsidised healthy lunches, on-site gym, and employee schemes that promote healthy living,
- Support towards planning your success with professional qualifications and training with membership to professional bodies (RICS, RGS, AGI),
- 25 days Holiday per year (not including bank holidays).
The role will suit an ambitious and self-motivated individual with strong GIS skills, willingness to work outdoor and good attention to detail. The role is suitable for recent graduates with less than 3 years’ experience.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking GIS mapping, analysis, data capture, data management and geoprocessing ,
- Handling data in multiple formats (e.g. SHP, KML, GML, DWG),
- Acquisition of data from other sources (e.g. Ordnance Survey, Local Authorities, Government Agencies),
- Travelling to locations across the UK to conduct site visits and GPS, Level and Topographic surveys,
- Assisting in developing efficient working practices to ensure we continue to provide industry-leading services to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in GIS
- Strong ArcGIS skills (able to demonstrate the use of ESRI ArcGIS products; ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS and AGOL)
- Good data management and quality assurance skills
- Experience using Microsoft 365 suites
- Start Date Autumn/ Winter 2022
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel when required
- BSc or MSc in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and/or related degrees,
- Proven work experience as a GIS analyst/technician,
- Familiarity with Trimble GPS devices,
- Demonstrable experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Map 3D/LT, ESRI FieldMap and Korec Kportal.
- Familiarity with spatial data format conversion,
- Python scripting and database management skills.
- £35,000 per annum commensurate on experience
- Based Knutsford, Cheshire
Open to discussing opportunities with graduates/post graduates with no work experience