Business Development Manager
Role: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Preston – Hybrid working in place
Hours: 35 per week
We have an exciting opportunity to join our sales team as a Business Development Manager. You will develop select key accounts and transactional clients through business development and managing a network of current clients.
This roles objective is to identify new opportunities and influence companies’ media buying habits. Due to the ever-changing nature of the industry, you must spot new avenues and exploit market trends to exceed revenue targets.
- Conduct sales pitches by telephone or face to face (when appropriate) to existing and prospective clients in order to develop existing business and generate new business wherever possible.
- Build and manage a network of clients.
- Build a pipeline of prospective opportunities by researching and identify leads.
- Pitch all relevant products and sales opportunities and communicate promptly to customers. Advise on the most effective solution to meet client needs within the Agriconnect portfolio.
- Contacting potential clients and conducting a thorough investigation to establish customer needs and buying habits.
- Accurately managing records through our sales CRM and database.
- Work towards and achieve pre-set sales targets.
- Previous experience in a sales position. – desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid level of agricultural knowledge - beneficial
- Strong sales ability to establish a deep understanding of the company need to provide the relevant solution
- Have the ability to work to targets
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales
- Keep abreast of all current trends, activities and relevant news within agriculture and specific sector.
- Have a positive, “can do” attitude
- Good working knowledge of a CRM system and Microsoft packages
- Effective time manager who possesses highly effective organisational skills
We offer an excellent package including:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years (pro rata’d)
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at Agriconnect you will receive continued career development support from our management team
- Exceptional career progression. We are ever-evolving, if you work hard and do well - with our help and support there are no limits to your speed of progress
Agriconnect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance, and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media.
Agriconnect is a business unit within the Arc network, a global events, data, and media platform. Arc is a fast-growing global events, data, and media platform with a varied portfolio content led portals, magazines, and events.
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.