Senior Grain Trader - African/Black Sea Markets Specialist (Home-based)
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- NATIONWIDE HOME BASED
- Highly competitive salary to reflect your skills.
- Job Sector
- Sales & Marketing, Management, Trading and Purchasing
- Contract Type
Perhaps you're an experienced grain trader seeking new opportunities within emerging markets? If you have proven success within the grain business and a desire to join a regional market leading business, we're keen to speak with you.
Our client is seeking a senior grain trader to join a thriving business at the forefront of the Eastern European and Middle Eastern marketplaces. You will play a key role in establishing the business throughout the African market. The role will focus around the wheat (and derivatives) and edible oils sectors.
This role will offer the flexibility of home working with regular global travel, especially across West Africa and the continent more broadly.
What your 'day-to-day' will look like:
- Analyse industry data globally
- Make profitable decisions for customers and the company
- Demonstrate and utilise a comprehensive understanding of the grain business (emphasis on wheat market)
- Monitor export markets and arbitrage opportunities
- Hedge purchases and grain sales
- Coordinate grain shipments and logistics
- Project freight needs and corresponding coverage in deferred positions
- Communicate with colleagues, customers and across supply chain
- Determine customer requirements
- Communicate market changes, prices, products and services efficiently
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
What you will possess:
- Proven track record of success within African grain trading industry
- Established network of connections among wheat and grain buyers in Africa
- Relevant degree (Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics)
- Understanding of the Black Sea market
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
What you can expect:
- Highly competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Performance-based bonus
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Jon Handley on DDI: 01885 485522
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Similar searches: Permanent, Management, Sales & Marketing, Trading and Purchasing , Nationwide