Event Marketing Manager
- Preston – Hybrid
- Competitive Salary
- Job Sector
- Sales & Marketing, Management, General
- Contract Type
Role: Event Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Group Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Preston - hybrid working in place
Hours: 35 hours
As the Event Marketing Manager for Agriconnect, you’ll have the experience and passion to develop, manager and implement successful marketing plans across our expanding portfolio of events. You’ll also be providing support and career development to a team of line reports to ensure delivery of all marketing events of our events.
- Do you enjoy variation in your work?
- Can you adapt your marketing skills to different audiences and objectives?
- Does delivering results give you job satisfaction?
- Do you enjoy delivering events and creating bespoke marketing campaigns?
- Can your marketing skills grow a brand and revenue?
- Do you thrive in supporting a team of line reports and helping them to grow?
Working collaboratively with a wider marketing community that delivers strategic, creative, and operational support. The role plans, oversees delivery, measures, and improves content led multi-channel marketing campaigns that acquire, retain, and engage our visitors and grow our events.
The role also plans, oversees delivery, measures and improves content led multi-channel marketing campaigns that acquire, retain and engage our visitors and grow our Rural Portfolio and LAMMA Show.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be:
- Brand Champion within the Audience and Events Marketing team across all our departments
- You’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues in the Audience and Events marketing team
Planning and KPI development
- Agree key event visitor and lead-generation targets and KPIs with the Group Senior Marketing Manager
- Create the marketing plan for the delivery of visitors to LAMMA with the support of the Group Senior Marketing Manager
- Create the marketing plan for the acquisition of leads for LAMMA with the support of the Group Senior Marketing Manager
- Budget management for all visitor event marketing activities making sure we get great ROI from our marketing campaigns
- Support the tracking our marketing budget for the visitor campaigns
- Understand and adhere to brand guidelines at all time
- Working with the Customer Insight Manager and Head of Events to evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data, customer feedback to develop a deep understanding of customers that will drive engaging marketing strategies, grow the event and improve customer satisfaction.
Channel Management and Campaign tracking
- Collaborate with digital teams to set up tracking for all visitor event campaigns to enable us to constantly improve marketing performance
- Collaborate with digital teams to set up tracking for all lead-generation campaigns to enable us to constantly improve marketing performance
- Work alongside marketing colleagues to build connected channel campaigns using content that inspires and engages visitors and commercial leads to our events via emails, social media, blogs and newsletters, paid media, partnerships, and SEO, developing on site propositions at our events and other events
- Work with the Content team and the Content and Social Marketing Manager to create content to drive visitor and commercial lead engagement, registrations, and attendance
- Attend our events and other events as and when required
- Manage in partnership with the Group Senior Marketing Manager and our Content and Social Media Marketing Manager the strategic use of partners to drive new and retained visitors to our events. Monitor the effective use of these partners in delivering event objectives.
- Leading the management of PR for an event ensuring it integrates into the wider customer campaign working with Head of Events and Head of Marketing
Data, insight, and reporting
- Manage and review event visitor data with the data team to ensure we have complete and correct information
- Manage and review commercial data with the data team to ensure we have complete and correct information
- Work with the whole marketing, digital and data team to ensure that audiences are not being over-marketed to and becoming disengaged
- Share regular marketing updates on how event visitor marketing campaigns are performing, disseminate findings and results, and work with other stakeholders to ensure a smart, aligned approach to achieve the business roadmap
- Using project management systems to log, track and deliver all elements of time-sensitive projects
- Complete monthly and weekly when in a run up to an event, reports on key marketing stats from engagement metrics on web and social to pre-registrations.
- Working with the Group Senior Marketing Manager to build and deliver visitor research and insight programme to ensure we always understand what is keeping our event audiences awake at night. Work with the Customer Insight Manager to make sure research is connected to the wider programme of customer insight activity and support this work.
Team and stakeholder management
- Working closely with the event strategy team to provide support throughout the event planning journey
- Manage line reports creating clear KPI’s, training and career development plans
- Manage and support the overall campaign delivery with all marketing executives
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with support departments to produce clear briefs and reviews
- Reviewing campaign progress to targets and using findings to make robust, evidence-based recommendations to wider stakeholders
- Ideally 5 years’ marketing experience in a similar role
- Proven history of delivering success in marketing
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills, confident in curating and writing marketing copy
- Some experience of managing and supporting a team of line reports
- Experience of running/marketing events is desirable
- Exceptional knowledge of digital marketing
- Client marketing, management and Lead-gen experience is desirable but not essential
- An ability to use analytical insight to make creative yet factual marketing recommendations
- Confident to take personal responsibility for delivery of quality marketing support
- Experience of balancing the needs and demands of internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver internal and external objectives for team KPI achievement
- Self-motivated and enjoy keeping up the date with the latest news, trends, and marketing
- Agricultural knowledge/experience would be desirable but not essential
Agriconnect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance, and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media.
Agriconnect is a business unit within the Arc network, a global events, data, and media platform. Arc is a fast-growing global events, data, and media platform with a varied portfolio content led portals, magazines, and events.
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a brief cover note via the apply button now.
Similar searches: England, Permanent, General, Management, Sales & Marketing, Lancashire, Homeworker