- LKL Services to Agriculture
- Central Sussex
- Competitive Salary
- Job Sector
- Dairy, Farm Work, Livestock, Beef
- Contract Type
A vacancy has arisen for a herdsperson seeking a rewarding role on a well-run unit which has undergone significant development to now run comfortably with approximately 360 Friesian cows. The unit features modern cow housing and sand cubicles and 7 years ago installed a complete new milking facility with 20:40 parlour with auto shedding; now running with GEA cow scout collars.
We are looking for a team-minded person who will value the opportunity to take an active role in the day to day running of this herd.
- The cows are autumn block calving on a forage based/ in parlour feeding system, with yields around 8500 litres per cow. Whilst milking a part of this role it does not dominate it.
- Therefore, you have the opportunity to play a broad and important role in the continued success of this business with the ability to apply a sound knowledge of herd health, fertility management, grazing/winter feeding and hygienic milk production.
- We would offer you a very pleasant, spacious 2/3-bedroom detached house on the unit, as well as a realistic remuneration package and really excellent time off.
If you are looking for a settled future on a lifestyle friendly system, please click the apply button for further details.
Similar searches: England, Permanent, Beef , Dairy, Farm Work, Livestock, East Sussex, West Sussex