- Map of Ag
- Penrith, Cumbria
- Competitive Salary
- Job Sector
- Management, General, Technical
- Contract Type
Map of Ag is an innovative agricultural data connectivity and insights business, working at the heart of the food industry. Working with our customers, we help to build resilient, sustainable supply chains. To help meet a growing demand for its products and services, Map of Ag is looking for a new Project Manager to join their Penrith team. The successful person will be responsible for the delivery of industry leading projects with Map of Ag’s customers, for example the measurement the greenhouse gas emissions across six supply chains for a big-four supermarket, or calculating insights around animal health & welfare for a major milk processor.
As a Project Manager you’ll be responsible for the following areas:
- Confirming scope for each project, the overall objectives and using this to determine resources and budget required to deliver it.
- Developing project plans, including key deliverables and milestones to ensure the overall objectives are met in line with budget.
- Communicating responsibilities across various Map of Ag teams, ensuring successful delivery in line with the scope.
- Managing the projects effectively, including regular project meetings and keeping track of actions and agreed timelines.
- Working closely with the Senior Account Manager to provide regular project updates against the project plan, including any potential risks.
- Communicating with the customer directly where required, providing them information on project progress.
- Identifying areas where efficiency gains can be made to the project delivery processes, adjusting the techniques and methods used where required.
To be successful in this role, the following skills will be required:
- Excellent communication skills to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be able to solve problems logically and make decisions.
- Dynamic and capable of working across different projects at the same time.
- Able to demonstrate leadership to work with colleagues involved with a project.
- Good attention detail, to ensure a high-quality level to project delivery.
- Familiarity with project management software and methodology is desired, but training can be provided.
- A background understanding of agricultural data is highly desired but not essential.
This role is based in Map of Ag’s Penrith office. Occasional travel may be required to other UK offices or to visit customers, however this would be infrequent.
For further information or to apply please email your CV and a short covering letter via the apply button now.
Similar searches: England, Permanent, General, Management, Technical , Cumbria