Aspiring Grain Trader (Home-based with international travel)
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- Home based with international travel
- Competitive salary + robust commission structure
- Job Sector
- Trading and Purchasing
- Contract Type
You have a solid grounding in the international wheat business, or you can offer experience of commodities trading across West African or Black Sea markets. If either statement applies to you, this is a rare opportunity to transition into a major global grain business.
Our client is seeking an Aspiring Grain Trader to join a thriving business at the forefront of the Eastern European and Middle Eastern marketplaces. You will play a key role in establishing the business throughout the West African market. The role will focus around the wheat (and derivatives) and edible oils sectors.
This role will offer the flexibility of home working with regular global travel, especially across West Africa and the continent more broadly.
What your 'day-to-day' will look like:
- Analyse industry data globally
- Make profitable decisions for customers and the company
- Demonstrate and utilise a detailed understanding of the grain business (emphasis on wheat market)
- Monitor export markets and arbitrage opportunities
- Hedge purchases and grain sales
- Coordinate grain shipments and logistics
- Project freight needs and corresponding coverage in deferred positions
- Communicate with colleagues, customers and across supply chain
- Determine customer requirements
- Communicate market changes, prices, products and services efficiently
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
What you will possess:
- Experience of international commodities trading (preferably wheat and/or edible oils)
- Experience or working knowledge of the African grain trading industry
- Ideally you will offer an established network of connections among wheat and grain buyers in Africa
- Relevant degree (Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics)
- Understanding of the Black Sea market
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
What you can expect:
- Highly competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Performance-based bonus
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Jon Handley on DDI: 01885 485522
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Similar searches: Permanent, Trading and Purchasing , Homeworker