- Odds Farm Park
- £11.00 per hour
- Job Sector
- Dairy, Livestock, Management, Beef
- Contract Type
£11.00 per hour
As a Supervisor you will have the knowledge and skill set to be in a position to look after the department in the absence of the Livestock Manager. To assist and guide the team in meeting and exceeding our guests expectations of Livestock Presentation and Care by following the protocols provided. You will be in communication with all other Supervisors and Managers in the various departments to ensure expectations are met and support is requested correctly when required.
Are you passionate about working with animals, and caring for some of the UKs rarest breeds of farm livestock? Odds Farm Park is a Rare Breeds Survival Trust approved centre located in Wooburn Common, High Wycombe, and is home to over 200 farm animals, including many rare and endangered breeds. Our animals include a variety of species including sheep, goats, pigs, cattle, horses, donkeys, poultry, and rabbits & guinea pigs.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated Supervisor, to join our small, friendly team. The role will include direct involvement with all animal husbandry tasks. This is a demanding role, and will be very rewarding for candidates looking to continue their career in animal care.
Duties will include:
- All general daily animal husbandry tasks
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to ensure the highest care and welfare is provided, and liaising directly with our vets, farriers and other animal health care professionals as required.
- Leading animal demonstrations and activities for our guests, which will include public speaking to large groups, including adults and children.
- Night-time animal checks during lambing and kidding seasons.
- Placing supply orders.
- Maintenance and repair tasks as required.
The right candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working with farm animals, and holding an Animal Management Level 2 qualification, or similar, is essential.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be passionate about working with our animals, and have a dedication to the conservation of rare breeds.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently, with excellent time keeping skills.
- Be excellent at verbal communication, with colleagues and guests.
- Be a strong team player.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and contribute ideas that will improve and support the team.
Development and progression within the team will be available for those seeking personal growth.
Hours will be flexible and variable across a 7 day rota which includes weekends and bank holidays.
Similar searches: England, Permanent, Beef , Dairy, Livestock, Management, Buckinghamshire