Digital Field Technician
- KWS UK Ltd
- Competitive Salary
- Job Sector
- Contract Type
Digital Field Technician
Field of Work: Breeding stations
Location: Thriplow, East of England, GB
Legal Entity: KWS UK Ltd. (0097)
Contract Type: Regular
Is Full Time?: Yes
Onsite/ Remote: Onsite
Job ID: 12804
Interested in agriculture and digital solutions? Then join us as Digital Field Technician at KWS UK Ltd.
In this position you will join our breeding station team in a hands-on position working on digital solutions and across crops for the successful development of new varieties. We offer the chance to work with highly motivated and qualified colleagues in a learning environment. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Thriplow near Cambridge.
What you can expect in this role:
- You are a major part of development and implementation of digital solutions and services, such as digital phenotyping across the UK breeding station.
- You are able and willing to carry out fieldwork such as running and organising a harvest team over the summer, supporting an existing team in their activities, or working alone on or off a machine.
- You work indoors on various activities such as seed processing, computer work, machinery.
- You are part of a successful team working on producing high quality results and thinking in an innovative way.
What you bring in:
- You have a full UK driving license.
- Digital competence and ideas, with a high interest and ability in this area, ideally including drone experience and expertise.
- Agricultural machinery experience, such as engineering skills and driving machines
- Supervisory experience would be beneficial, although training can be given.
- You are trustworthy and reliable.
- You are willing to work longer hours during peak periods
Let's peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at KWS!
- Freely following the motto: "Make yourself grow!" we promote individual professional and personal development.
- 35 working hours weekly – additional working hours will be expected based on seasonal demands
- 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme with 16% Company contribution and 1.2% minimum employee contribution
- Life Assurance, of three times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan at 75% of salary for long-term illness and disability for a period of three years
- Private Health Care Plan
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- Membership of Lifestyles discount scheme
- Reduced diesel prices from the company’s fuel pump
- A fun working environment where we take care of each other. We also organize social events such as a Summer Staff BBQ, a Christmas party and charity fundraising events
Did we spark your interest?
We look forward to getting to know you!
Similar searches: England, Permanent, Technical , Cambridgeshire