Experienced Salad Agronomist - New Zealand
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- New Zealand
- Excellent salary.
- Job Sector
- Arable & Agronomy, Food & Produce
- Contract Type
Opportunities to contribute towards shaping the future of the fresh produce industry are hard to find. With this role, you'll have this opportunity while still being fully 'hands on' amongst the crop.
Our client is a prominent business within New Zealand's fresh produce sector. They seek an Experienced Salad Agronomist with a strong technical skillset to optimise yields and quality.
Whether you have direct experience of growing salad vegetables or come from a cereals background, this is a chance to broaden your horizons personally and professionally.
The client is a fully accredited SSE employer in partnership with New Zealand Immigration.
- Walking 350-400ha of plants including broccoli and lettuce
- Responsibility for all crop production
- Operational responsibility
- Positively contribute to company culture, vision and team ethos
- Making sound agronomy decisions (from a technical and commercial standpoint)
- Communicating through multiple channels (within and beyond the team)
- Contributing to industry discussion around key issues/policy on a national level (through professional bodies, steer groups, biosecurity committees etc)
What you will have:
- Proven success in growing fresh produce or leading trials
- Strong technical agronomy skillset
- BASIS and/or FACTS are desirable
- Degree in a related field (e.g. crop science, farm business management etc)
- Ability to communicate and be a team player
What you will receive:
- Excellent salary package (unrivalled in real terms for similar roles in the UK)
- Relocation package
- Assistance in securing accommodation
- Supportive, inclusive and friendly atmosphere with regular social events
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Similar searches: Permanent, Arable & Agronomy, Food & Produce, International