Aspiring Salad Agronomist - New Zealand
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- New Zealand
- Excellent salary package.
- Job Sector
- Arable & Agronomy, Food & Produce
- Contract Type
Make your mark in the fresh produce sector alongside getting involved in industry-shaping discussion at a national level. If you have the drive to challenge and strengthen your technical agronomy credentials, we're keen to talk to you.
Our client is a prominent business within New Zealand's fresh produce sector. They seek an aspirational Salad Agronomist with a strong technical skillset to optimise yields and quality together with the potential to lead commercial operations.
Whether you've recently completed your BASIS, are in the process of doing so or you have a degree in a related field, this is an opportunity to expand your horizons personally and professionally.
The client is a fully accredited SSE employer in partnership with New Zealand Immigration.
- Walking 350-400ha of broccoli and lettuce among other crops
- Responsibility for all crop production/operations
- Making sound agronomy decisions (from a technical and commercial standpoint)
- Communicating through multiple channels (within and beyond the team)
- Contributing to industry discussion around key issues/policy on a national level (through professional bodies, steer groups, biosecurity committees etc)
What you will have:
- Degree in a related field (e.g. crop science, farm business management etc)
- Experience of growing fresh produce or leading trials in a commercial environment
- Strong technical agronomy skillset is essential
- BASIS and/or FACTS are desirable, but not essential
- Ability to communicate and be a team player
What you will receive:
- Excellent salary package (unrivalled in real terms for similar roles in the UK)
- Relocation package
- Assistance in securing rental accommodation
- Supportive, inclusive and friendly atmosphere with regular social events
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Similar searches: Permanent, Arable & Agronomy, Food & Produce, International