Assistant Operations Manager
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- A strong salary package
- Job Sector
- Farm Work, Food & Produce
- Contract Type
Production of quality food starts with dirty hands and wellies and ends up in the best restaurants. If you relish working in the supply chain that takes you to both these places and every where between then keep on reading about this role.
This successful Agrifood business has a growth and succession strategy that means it needs to employ an Assistant Operations Manager to support the Managing Director.
This business farms, harvests, processes trades and sells best quality shell fish on the Essex coast. If you know how to plant seed, you can know how to seed oysters. If you know how to harvest potatoes you can know how to harvest oysters, if you know how to fix a grain contract you can know how to wholesale your produce. This is farming, just with different wellies.
You will have a career in a fascinating, niche sector, be well paid and well looked after in this stable family owned business. You get to work in beautiful surroundings and have an involvement with the food you produce from seeding to eating. This role has a succession opportunity that could eventually see the right person take over from the current Managing Director.
Whilst you need to 'wear many hats' here is an outline of some of you responsibilities;
- Practical management of seeding and harvest operations
- Production planning including forecasts
- Overseeing and management of people in the teams
- Logistics, stock and equipment management
- Sales & client management - wholesale and retail
- Budget planning and monitoring
- Interaction with events and retailer functions
- Working in all practical aspects of the business, you will be keen to learn, develop, take guidance from Managing Director
- Have current experience of UK Agriculture and Agrifood production
- Have practical farming/farm management/fresh produce production experience in the UK
- Ability and experience in the commercial activity of selling, managing and developing customers
- Enjoy managing people and teams - with proven success
- Have a positive attitude to hard work and flexibility
- The sort of enthusiastic attitude and dedication that 'brings people with you'
- Experience in seafood supply chain would be an advantage but not essential
- Live within or happy to relocate to around 1 hour travel time from Colchester
What you will be rewarded with;
- A strong salary package
- Support when you need it and autonomy when you don't
- Working in a niche agri food sector, surrounded by beautiful environment
- Great Career Development potential
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Similar searches: Permanent, Farm Work, Food & Produce, Essex