Senior Animal Nutrition Lead - Australia
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- Generous salary + bonus + relocation package
- Job Sector
- Management, Animal Nutrition, Technical
- Contract Type
As a highly experienced Animal Nutritionist, you're passionate about playing a key role in ensuring sustainable food production. If you can lead an accomplished team of nutritionists and drive innovation strategy within a market leading business, we're keen to talk to you.
As Senior Animal Nutrition Lead, you will work for one of the leading animal nutrition and feed manufacturing businesses in Australia, a business that continues to grow consistently year-on-year.
You will be a proven monogastric or ruminant nutritionist with a strong technical and commercial background.
On a personal level, the role is based in Melbourne offering the opportunity to live in one of Australia's most iconic locations.
- Lead and mentor a multi-functional team of 25+ across animal species and business units
- Develop and execute innovation strategy
- Exercise sound commercial acumen (maximise profitability of innovation projects, diet formulations and nutrition programs)
- Optimise the sustainability of the company's product portfolio, services and methods/technologies
- Lead the culture of innovation within the Technical and Nutrition teams
- Secure external contracts with R&D partners (individuals, industry groups, companies and/or institutions)
- Design nutrition programs and diets
- Implement nutrition modelling across monogastric and dairy sectors
- Interact and coordinate projects across multi-disciplinary teams (including Quality, Procurement, Sales and Operations among others)
- Be an ambassador for the company's mission and ethos at industry events.
- The role is 75% office based, with 25% of time spent travelling to manufacturing sites and customers across Victoria, Queensland, NSW and South Australia.
What you will have:
- A PhD in Animal Nutrition or similar
- Substantial experience of practical nutrition and feed formulation (+ competence with feed formulation software) is essential
- Experience of developing innovative solutions within the animal nutrition industry
- A background in delivering R&D or trials
- Commercial experience (supporting sales)
- A background in an animal feed company or feed additive business is preferred
- Experience of working within a poultry/swine integrator would be advantageous
What you can expect:
- Generous salary package + bonus scheme
- Substantial relocation support (financial and advisory)
- Varied career development opportunities
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Similar searches: Permanent, Animal Nutrition, Management, Technical , International