Crop Sales Specialist– East Midlands
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Crop Sales Specialist in the East Midlands for one of the UK's leading plant breeding and seed companies. The company combines the sales from their own plant breeding programmes with UK distributorships for leading plant breeding companies. They are a major player in the UK seed sector and this role has the opportunity to really develop the successful candidates career.
This wide-ranging role will suit candidates with arable sales experience, perhaps two to five years of work experience gained post-university, who are now looking to specialise in seed sales.
Alternatively, if you are already an experienced crop sales specialist then please do contact us. This rare career opportunity will offer a challenge within a privately-owned company and will give the successful applicant the freedom to develop existing and new product portfolios.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who will work in the agricultural division with responsibility for developing sales of a specific range of crops as well as supporting the overall activities of the department.
The candidate will be expected to work with distributors, merchants and growers in the UK as well as communicating closely with plant breeding partners, mainly based in Europe.
The individual is expected to be educated to degree level or equivalent and will be able to demonstrate a solid knowledge of arable agriculture, preferably, although not essentially, in the seed trade.
· Responsible for new product development from breeding to commercial introduction.
· Responsible for understanding customer needs to drive sales.
· Implement strategic plans for crops and support the Head of Department to meet financial targets.
· Using product and market knowledge, prognose and manage stock to fulfill maximum sales potential.
· Develop and deliver a marketing plan and actions for crops, liaising with marketing.
· Support the Sales team with product information, knowledge and customer relationship management.
· Previous arable sales experience - preferred but not essential.
· Qualified to Agricultural degree level HND or similar qualification.
· Full BASIS qualification is desirable.
· Key Account Management skills and experience.
· Team player.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Willing to travel around the UK as required.
· Full driving licence.
Salary will be commensurate with experience/relevant qualifications.
Interested? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Laura Edwards on: Office 01885 483 440, DDI 01885 485 529, Mobile 07506 297 071 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.