Dairy Sales Manager in Lytham
About the Role
The Dairy Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for managing the development of sales of the Farm Animal Division’s nutritional and health products which will be sold directly to farmers through a network of Area Sales Managers (Dairy Team). Central to the role’s success will be managing the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) network to ensure that they:
- Adopt the company’s philosophy of achieving sales based on building long term relationships with its customers. This will necessitate a patient but committed approach to following the Phase 1, 2 and 3 sales strategy.
- Develop sales based upon detailed analysis of Forage Audits, Rumen Status Audits and additional analytical services, assessing customer needs, providing sound advice, establishing best practice and ensuring excellent product performance.
- Develop and maintain a detailed CRM system.
Due to this potentially being a national role, the DSM should expect to spend at least two to three nights per week away from home. When not working in the field, the DSM will work from the company’s head office in Lytham.
- Achieve the company’s Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) sales plan.
- Make regular weekly contact with the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) network via personal visit or telephone contact
- Work in the field with the Area Sales Managers (Dairy Team), providing them with selling skills and complete knowledge on how to sell our products and giving verbal and written feedback after each visit.
- Provide sales training to the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) network.
- Keep the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) team up to date on competitor developments.
Ensure that the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) team are efficient in their field call planning, focus and implementation. The DSM must ensure that the Area Sales Manager (Dairy Team) team:
- Personally provide one month’s forward planning calendar.
- Develop effective “in-field” customer record systems and maps.
- Capture customer and competitor information from the field.
- Develop the company database via CRM.
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders within the territory.
Attend Key National and Regional Shows
- Organise, manage and staff key shows and events both regionally and nationally.
- Where practical and in line with company strategy, support the Area
Sales Manager (Dairy Team) at local shows and specialist dairy events.
- Manage the follow up of all sales leads and collate all data.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate farmer meetings, farm walks and open days.
Universities and Colleges
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) in the field.
- Work closely with the universities and colleges to establish knowledge and credibility of our products.
- Where required, co-ordinate product trials.
Ensure efficient and effective personal reporting
- Provide detailed daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Participate positively in Regional Sales Meetings
- Effectively review sales performance in sales meetings.
- Share best practice with colleagues.
- A thorough understanding of dairy farming.
- Ideally degree educated in an agricultural related subject
- Good understanding of concept selling.
- Natural rapport builder at all levels.
- Ability to lead a team effectively.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Holidays that increase with length of service.
- Personal and Professional development.
- Pension Bonus and Health cover (after qualifying period).
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products. We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time