Trainer - South West England
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- South West England
- A competitive remuneration package
- Job Sector
- Academic & Education, Food & Produce, Livestock
- Contract Type
An enthusiastic and conscientious Trainer is required for an abattoir based in the South West of England. Reporting to the site Training Manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing training and development of teams of skilled operatives across our client's site.
- Ensure Operatives are working to standardised methods and working practices, managing business risk by upskilling the workforce.
- Ensure training is completed to current SOP's and carrying out hands-on training to support the business need to develop people.
- To be involved in the onboarding of new starters to ensure that they receive the best possible start and to be a source of support through their initial weeks
- To be an on-the-job mentor to new and existing employees, to ensure that production teams are continuously learning and developing into the best teams in the business
- Work closely with the Training Manager and Operational Managers to identify and assess staff training needs.
- Maintain a skills matrix for staff identifying key skills and when refresher training is required.
- Maintain individual staff training records for all operatives.
- Maintain and develop work instructions and training materials for operative training
- Assist with training requirements and procedures for new equipment and capital projects
- Support continuous improvement projects to align standards for process, content and delivery format.
- Provide feedback to the Training Manager and H&S Manager in relation to safe systems of work both procedurally and one to one training.
- Assist with embedding the company's values and behaviours.
- Good understanding of the principles and application of Food Safety
- Possess a good knowledge of abattoir operation, particularly cattle. Ability to transfer that knowledge and skill on as an effective trainer..
- Have a proactive approach to health & safety and continuous improvement, to ensure quality standards are met
- Proven team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable presentation, facilitation and training skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Competent in the use of a PC and MS Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Level 3 Food Safety qualification and training qualifications is desirable
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, dependant on experience.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call: Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934
To apply: please e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.