Regional Business Development Manager - South East England
De Lacy Executive's client is a highly reputable, successful and progressive company. Due to expansion into the agricultural market, a new position has arisen for an inspirational and results focussed Regional Business Development Manager with a proven track record of B2B sales within the agricultural marketplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals, whose common goal is to make a substantial contribution to the next step in the development of the Company. You will be responsible for the development and growth of agricultural business, focussing on identifying and acquiring new opportunities.
The position requires a combination of marketing activities, prospect identification, telesales and targeting. It is a full cycle sales role, from planning through to initial prospect contact, needs identification and qualification, followed by sales negotiation and contract closure.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and talented business development/sales professional with excellent commercial instincts and exceptional client relationship management skills.
This is a home-based role and candidates will ideally be based in South England, but it will involve frequent travel to cover the East of the UK.
- Undertake sales visits to new and existing clients
- Assist clients in reviews of their contracts and provide information and advice as required.
- Manage client discussions about their future strategy.
- Explain price rises and new services.
- Canvass leads, perform telesales calls and forge relationships with key decision makers to create new business opportunities.
- Prepare customer proposals/quotes using a bespoke CRM system and answer client queries as appropriate.
- Regularly liaise with individuals at top level and be confident at selling into both public and private sectors.
- Maximise client network. Both manage and liaise with existing client base to monitor needs and identify growth opportunities and to retain existing clients
- Keep informed about key industry events - company performance and future plans.
- Provide accurate reports and documentation to the Management Team
- Proven track record of B2B sales/business development gained within the agricultural industry.
- Possess a solution/ consultative approach and an ability to identify and rapidly establish rapport with the key decisions makers
- Ability to deliver results and to meet and exceed agreed KPI's and sales targets, growing a business whilst being continually attuned to clients' needs and industry developments.
- Previous sales experience in winning and securing large contracts. Must have relevant experience and a good understanding of the agricultural market and be able to determine accurately potential sales/ business development opportunities.
- Self-starter, professional, first class interpersonal skills with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent client relationship management skills, possess proven relationship building skills and be responsive to customers' requests.
- Good IT skills with a good knowledge of MS Office. Confident in the use of CRM systems and web based systems.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator with good presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
Competitive salary plus Commission, Company Car and Pension
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.