The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is looking for new members to join its boards.
The roles are an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of AHDB against a backdrop of Brexit, global price volatility, technological innovation and changing habits of British shoppers. As a new Board member you will assist your chair in developing strategy. We are seeking industry specialists who will play an active role for their industry and command the respect of their peers. AHDB is funded by the collection of statutory financial levies, which are used to carry out R&D, market intelligence, knowledge exchange, marketing and export activities to support the sectors to become truly world class.
We are seeking to recruit:
• AHDB Beef & Lamb board – (English Levy Payers) One producer (ideally knowledgeable on upland farming and sheep) and one processor from the supply chain
• AHDB Pork board – One processor, one producer and one independent member
• AHDB Dairy – Three dairy farmers
• AHDB Potatoes – Two or three members to include a focus on marketing and consumer issues, and on seed and export
• AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds – Two growers
• AHDB Horticulture - One protected ornamentals/bulbs and outdoor flowers expert and one specialist in hardy nursery stock
Appointments are for three-year terms from April 2019 and require up to two days per month commitment per year, including attendance at board meetings.
Remuneration is currently payable at £256.25 per day plus expenses.
Candidates must demonstrate a good working knowledge of their industry sector and have experience of developing and implementing strategy.
An information pack with details of how to apply can be obtained by clicking apply and making the request