Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally for providing high quality professional advice
The Berrys Business team provides a contemporary advisory service dedicated to adding value to rural businesses by assisting stakeholders with focussed goals and strict financial governance. An exciting new opportunity exists for an experienced, ambitious and progressive Business Consultant, focussing primarily on the Agricultural sector, to join us working from our Shrewsbury office serving clients in Shropshire, Herefordshire, Cheshire and the Welsh Borders.
The role will involve providing technical, business and strategic consultancy advice, primarily to farming businesses, working closely with our existing team. Advice will include:
- Providing a wide range of management and strategic advice to a diverse farming client base
- Financial analysis and monitoring including preparation of profit and loss forecasts, budgets and cash flows
- Restructuring business finances and providing plans to support business recovery
- Identifying appropriate sources of finance for clients and making introductions to potential lenders
- Identifying and assisting clients with Rural Grant Funding
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience in the agricultural sector
- Agricultural or Agri-Business/Farm Management degree or equivalent Financial qualification
- A pro-active, dynamic approach to business development and be ambitious and energetic
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- A passion to deliver high quality service and solutions for clients
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a team with a wealth of experience and offers excellent long term career prospects, continued training and support and a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Salary: Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
- Training: All necessary training will be provided
- Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
- Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
- Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org