Occasional Tour Manager, Lancashire
Bay Farm Tours:
Bay Farm Tours has arguably become established over the last 38 years as the leading Agricultural Tour Operator within Great Britain, specializing in overseas tours to destination throughout the world for people involved in agriculture. Our tours combine both sightseeing and agricultural content, with carefully planned itineraries and use excellent standard hotels, quality coaches and additional arrangements. All our tours are escorted from the UK by a Tour Manager.
Bay Farm Tours is a family business. The success of the business has been built on exceptional customer care since its foundation in 1981.
Occasional Tour Escort/Manager
The vacant position is for an Occasional Tour Manager to be available to lead group tours at various times of the year. Initially the tours will be of shorter 5 to 9 day duration, but the successful candidate would eventually need to be available for the longer tours, which can be as long as 26 days. During the first year it would be anticipated the duration away on tours could be 3 – 4 weeks, and tours allocated to the successful applicant would be in the period from March through to November. After the first 12 months the tours allocated could be at any time during the calendar year.
Responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
1) Ensuring the general wellbeing of all individuals within the group.
2) Liaising with airlines, hotels, coach companies, sightseeing and technical visits, and local guides to ensure the smooth running of the tour.
3) Making decisions to rectify any operational or client problems that may occur during the tour.
4) Providing support and assistance to all members of the group at any time throughout the duration of a tour.
5) Leading and stimulating discussion when on farm/technical visits.
6) Representing Bay Farm Tours in a positive manner throughout the world.
Applicants should have:
1) A good knowledge of travel and world geography
2) A good knowledge of British agriculture, and have an empathy with farmers and people working in the agricultural industry.
3) Excellent communication skills
4) A caring, understanding and sociable disposition.
5) The ability to deal with official personnel at all levels of authority.
6) The ability to remain calm and focused in pressure situations.
7) Stamina and energy.
8) A good sense of humour!!
To apply for this role please click the apply button