Regional Technical Sales Manager in the South West
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Deliver professional sales support as defined by the need of the Sales department, pre-and post-sales support reflecting deep dairy management knowledge based on Dairymaster technology.
• Fully utilize skills and abilities to support the sales activities of Dairymaster.
• Meet the requirements of in-field and in-person training needs of Dairymaster dealers and customers.
• Support the dealers during the pre-and post-sales process and provide follow up support to both the dealer network and end users.
• Together with the National Sales & Marketing Manager UK, develop and direct the regions’ sales strategy and sales activities.
• Assist UK Dealers in matters technical on all aspects of the Dairymaster product range.
• Assess and report on UK Dealer training requirements.
• Regular Dealer visits and onsite training when applicable.
• Assess and set up training days when applicable.
• Attend installations in a supporting role when required.
• Attend to phone technical issues when required by Rota, including out of hours and weekend, may involve travelling to site if deemed necessary.
• Attend site meetings with builders/contractors, electricians/plumbers etc. and co-ordinate installation time frames and offer technical support.
• Travel to and assist distributors/dealers at Trade Shows and Open Days when necessary.
• Accompany distributors/dealers on farm visits with both new and existing customers.
• Build relationships with dealers and customers.
• Submit weekly reports to Global Headquarters on work completed.
• Keep CRM records up to date.
• Provide professional support for the Applications and R&D department. The Sales Support department is where the interfacing between present and future market needs are most intimately experienced – this information needs to find its way to all departments of Dairymaster – via marketing to R&D and onwards.
Training Materials Development –
• Independently lead learning solutions through TLC – Training Life Cycle: Needs Analysis, Mapping, Design, Development and Delivery.
• Develop training solutions for dealer employees, dealers, and end customers.
• Support the Product Managers with NPI – New Product Implementation.
Training Delivery –
• Deliver training to dealer employees, dealers, and end customers, as defined in the training department plan.
• Transfer knowledge to trainers on products, training materials, new offerings and delivery methods (Train the Trainer) and become a point-of-contact for product and professional knowledge needs of trainers.
• Use various training delivery method to deliver the required training: ILT, Webinars, etc.…
Position Location and Travel –
• You will be expected to attend the Dairymaster Global HQ in Ireland when required as well as some extended UK travel for Quarterly team meetings.
• At least 80% (4 working days/week) time is to be spent in the field.
• Minimum of 3 years Technical Management experience.
• Minimum requirement of a Degree in Ag-Based Engineering.
• Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Personal attributes and values -
• A deep understanding of the UK dairy industry
• Ability to understand the needs of customers;
• Strong willingness to succeed and develop the position.
• Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity.
• Competitive Salary Package + commission-based structure.
• Company Vehicle.
• Mobile Phone/Laptop.