Northern Farm Equipment Sales Executive
A family-run business selling specialist equipment, primarily to dairy farmers, seeks an experienced sales executive across its Northern territory. Candidates need to be self-starting and driven individuals with a strong will to succeed.
Reporting directly to the MD, the role has full responsibility for developing the area business, selling our products and managing our customer base in Northern England and North Wales.
The company has the sole UK distributorship for its products, selling mainly direct to farm. The business sells a comprehensive range of cow comfort equipment; rubber matting, mattresses, cubicles, lights, light ridges and automated curtains.
Our selling process is both consultative and sales driven: the job will include advising the farmer on the best solution, accurately measuring up and specifying the products, preparing quotes, closing the sale within company terms. Post sales liaison with the office and fitting teams is vital to ensure products are installed to the customer’s satisfaction.
Skill set required:-
- A minimum of three years of sales experience, preferably to farmers.
- A good knowledge of dairy farming and some practical dairy farming experience.
- A customer-focused, practical, can-do attitude. Able to work as part of a team with technical and office staff to get the job done and ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Sales-driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage time and diary appointments efficiently.
- IT literate: – emails plus Microsoft office and specifically to use the company’s online customer relationship management system (CRM).
There is strong career progression in this role for promotion to take on managing additional sales people in, Wales or Southern Scotland. Further responsibilities could include taking on additional sales management or marketing responsibilities medium term.
There is a guaranteed salary for this permanent role, reviewed annually, plus an uncapped, structured sales commission scheme. Company pension. A company car or car allowance is provided as preferred, plus all necessary communication tools.
Home based, willing to travel to our central Midlands office and cover the whole sales area, including spending nights away from home as required.
More search results
Livestock / Farm Manager, North Wales Near Ruthin
Herd Manager, Pembrokeshire
REEF, RE Evans Farms LTD
Assistant Herd Manager, Pembrokeshire
REEF, RE Evans Farms LTD
GrassTechnology Service Technician, Birmingham
Future Grass Technology
Strategic Insight & Engagement Manager, Wales
Hybu Cig Cymru