Cattle Display Team Leader
- South Ormsby Estate
- South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
- Competitive base salary
- Job Sector
- Animal Health, Farm Work, Livestock
- Contract Type
The South Ormsby Estate are looking for a Cattle Display Team Leader to run activities across the estate and help them to create the best farming estate in the world.
Job Title – Cattle Display Team Leader
Location – South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary – Competitive base salary + opportunity to live on the estate if desired
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past, their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to and the best farming estate in the world!
We have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Cattle Display Team Leader to add value to our existing businesses through taking responsibility for up to 8 native pedigree Lincoln Red cattle. Working with the existing estate herds manager you will be responsible for the care and wellbeing of the animals, ensuring they are kept to show standard and kept separate from the rest of the herd on the estate. These cattle will be displayed at agricultural shows across the County.
- Planning how to raise the cattle
- Assist and advise in the construction and maintenance of the cattle's habitat, including grazing fields and barns and preventing the mixing with the rest of the estate’s native pedigree Lincoln Red herd.
- Feed and diagnose potential disease and injury of the livestock, ensuring that cattle remain healthy and to show standard
- Ensuring animals are kept, shown and transported in accordance with all animal welfare regulations
- Some involvement in the sales and marketing of the cattle and safeguarding the value of the investment (the animals may be used in TV & Film)
- Cleaning, grooming and ensuring the animals are kept in show-worthy condition
- Booking, planning and arranging attendance at shows across the County
- Training of the animals for show presentation including pulling a wooden wagon
- Helping develop the Lincoln Red brand within the wider estate portfolio
- Transporting the animals by trailer
- There could be some presenting / sharing of knowledge at shows if this would suit the successful candidate
Cattle Display Team Leader – Skills & Experience required:
- Livestock experience
- Background in farming
- Genuine interest in and love for animals
- Thorough understanding of animal welfare codes of practice
- Experience of showing best in class animals (desirable)
- Driving license is essential, ideally 7.5 tonne though 7.5 tonne driver training will be paid for if required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a background in farming with livestock experience and genuine love of animals.
To submit your CV and cover letter for this fantastic opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: Farm Worker, Herd Manager, Herdsperson
More search results
Indoor Pig Manager - Ref 745 Dorset
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Indoor Pig Stockperson - Ref 744 Aberdeenshire
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Graduate Management Training Scheme 2020
G's Naturally Fresh
Auctioneer / Fieldsperson
Darlington Farmers Auction Mart Company Limited
Beeswax Dyson Farming