Research Farm Manager, North Wyke
Rothamsted Research have an exciting new role and opportunity for an experienced Research Farm Manager to help shape a predominately livestock (grassland-based beef and sheep) research farm within a world leading scientific research organisation.
The new appointment will lead a recently combined farm operations and experimental technical team. The newly integrated North Wyke farm research team will provide the Institute with the livestock, land resources and technical staff it needs for research purposes while actively
demonstrating best practice in farm management.
The Research Farm Manager is responsible for:
- Developing the research farm to ensure that it meets the needs of science
- Overseeing the operational delivery of the North Wyke Farm Platform and all land use experiments
- Overseeing the allocation of technical staff to research projects using the farms resources
- Overseeing the allocation of technical staff to general farm operations
- Acting as the main point of liaison between research staff and your field based technical team
- Demonstrating best practice and maintaining optimum productivity from land not under research management
- The farm manager will directly line manage a group of deputies to aid in the delivery of field experiments, livestock research and farm operation management
Based near Okehampton in Devon, the North Wyke site has a focus on grassland systems (suckler beef and sheep) within Rothamsted Research, but also links with the Harpenden site on arable systems and mixed farming striving towards sustainable production.
Interviews to be help: 21st Feb 2019
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button