Product Manager - Agriculture, Thame, Oxfordshire
From its foundation in 1890 the Kubota Corporation has become a leading manufacturer of agricultural, groundcare and construction equipment. With world Headquarters in Osaka Japan, and offices in more than 110 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues last year over $16 billion.
Our mission, “For Earth, For Life” speaks to our sustainability commitment to the preservation of the earth’s natural environment while aiding in production of food and water supplies that are vital to societal needs as our world population continues to grow. That mission is realized each time a Kubota tractor harvests the land to produce life sustaining food or our construction equipment excavates to transport water resources or provide shelter, and our engines are providing civilisation with a globally sustainable and dependable power source.
Kubota UK (KUK) based in Thame, Oxfordshire currently employees in excess of 130 staff and has four distinct business lines – Tractor & Groundcare, Engines, Construction and Parts and has been
based in the UK Since 1979.
To strengthen our agricultural sales team we are looking to recruit a product manager for agricultural tractors. Reporting into the business development manager and managing a product specialist, the product manager will provide product expertise for our agricultural tractor range,
building on our long term relationships within our dealer network, providing information and training to dealers and sales staff. ,
The successful candidate will also create and maintain product information including, pricing, product guides, bid specifications, magazine ads, brochures, sales bulletins, websites, and social media
content. In addition they will also gather and analyse industry and competitive sales information to make recommendations for strategies to increase Company sales. -
General tasks and duties:
- Assist in the resolution of dealer enquiries/complaints and maintain effective working relationships with the dealers and customers.
- Prepare and create the relevant machine configurations and respective price build up.
- Support and work with sales and marketing staff and dealers to achieve division and corporate objectives within budget constraints.
- Use market analysis to develop and implement strategies, in conjunction with the business development manager to motivate dealers/distributors, their sales and marketing managers and appropriate staff
- Recommend to the business development manager, pricing strategies to ensure that the product market share, sales and profit contribution plans are not threatened.
- To assist with new business projects.
- Deliver, in coordination with the training manager, training on Company products to the field and dealer staff. Continuously updating product knowledge as well as our competitors product line-up and prepare and deliver the product comparisons, identifying unique selling points.
- Identify the need for new product development and existing product improvements, working in conjunction with R&D and supporting R&D surveys.
- Support local homologation process and product documentation translation.
- Guide engineering and product development from a sales and marketing perspective.
- To attend and assist/present in various meetings/initiatives such as dealer and customer and product surveys, sales meetings, trade shows and product demonstrations, providing technical support and follow up, as required.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the position.
- Work in harmony with all other personnel and communicate in an open courteous manner with colleagues and customers.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Attend any training necessary to carry out duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that safe systems of work and standard operating procedures are in place, advertised, adopted and remain relevant for each section of responsibility, reviewing as required.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as marketing, E engineering, agricultural sciences or equivalent desired
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural industry. Some level of knowledge of the relevant Kubota product range and their applications is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the competitor products.
- Previous experience of market analysis including how to translate this into action plans.
- Up to date knowledge of the industry, trends, changes and market intelligence.
- Results oriented with a strong willingness to improve the presence on the market.
- Experience of working within a dealer/distributor business model with an insight on how to improve and optimise.
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to operate Kubota equipment, with excellent technical skills.
- Strong IT systems skills.
- Will be able to demonstrate ability to manage issues to a successful conclusion using empathy, mutual respect and negotiation skills.
- Will possess good numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- All ‘core’ management skills i.e. communication, interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, proactivity, confidentiality, integrity, focus, including experience of working within a continuous improvement environment.
- A current driving license is required and ideally a valid passport as there will be extensive travel, mainly within the UK and Ireland, but also overseas.
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button